HEX-V2® – The new generation VCDS® interface!
Serious car diagnostics interfaces for Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda models!
The Ross-Tech VCDS package (previously known as VAG-COM or VAGCOM) turns your PC into a sophisticated VW/Audi diagnostic tool, that performs the functions of a factory VAG scan tools for VW, Audi, Seat and Skoda cars.
The Ross-Tech HEX-V2® interface is the new generation wired interface for VCDS, designed to replace the HEX-USB+CAN and Micro-CAN products.
The HEX-V2 is based on the technology of Ross-Tech’s revolutionary HEX-NET® interface, which was completely re-designed from the ground up to be faster, more secure and more versatile. The HEX-NET and HEX-V2 are the fastest interfaces Ross-Tech have ever sold. They can perform Auto-Scans on 2005 and later models up to 3 times faster than the HEX-USB+CAN interface.
The HEX-V2 is a wired USB interface, for the most reliable connections, but now features a user-replaceable USB cable.
The HEX-V2 is available in 3 versions:
- A “home user” version, with which use of advanced functions is limited to connection to 3 unique vehicles (3 VINs).
Ideal for a household with one or two VAG cars to look after.
- An “enthusiast” version, with which use of advanced functions is limited to connection to 10 unique vehicles (10 VINs).
Ideal for hobbyists working on a number of VAG cars.
- A “professional” unlimited version, which may be used on as many cars as you wish.
If you are in the motor trade, you should consider this package or the HEX-NET.VCDS Software InformationUsing VCDS on a Windows PC, you can:
- read and clear fault codes from all systems within the car, e.g. engine, airbag, ABS, instruments, parking sensors etc.
- view live data from the sensors within the car
- reset service lights (both fixed and variable service intervals)
- read stored and intermittent fault codes
- graph and log live data with the car running
- automatically read fault codes from all car systems in a single search
- perform basic setting functions, adaptations and soft coding
- activate service functions, such as Electronic Park Brake (EPB) to allow brake pad changes
- supports bi-directional output test and component actuation
VCDS software features:
- over 25,000 fault code definitions
- free software updates
HEX-V2 Interface Information
Official VCDS HEX-V2 interfaces from Ross Tech LLC, that work with:
- VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda cars with the 16-pin diagnostic socket including models using CAN and UDS/ODX protocols (i.e. almost all from 1995 to Current Model Year)
- VW MAN TGE Vans & Trucks 2017 onwards
- Bentley Continental (3W) 2003+
- Pre-1995 VW/Audi cars, when used with an additional 2×2 adapter (not included)
The HEX-V2 packages do NOT offer Lamborghini coverage, which is only available with the HEX-NET.
Also please note coverage for the Volkswagen Crafter / LT3 is not as comprehensive as other VAG models, as the diagnostics systems are based on the Mercedes Sprinter.
Ross-Tech have some function information on this page, but if you require coverage for a specific function we would recommend posting a question on the Ross-Tech forums (including the VIN of the vehicle) before purchasing to check support.
- Genuine Ross-Tech VCDS HEX-V2 interface
- USB link cable
- VCDS HEX-V2 ‘Quick Start’ Guide
- VCDS Software updates at no additional charge
Please note that the HEX-V2 interface does not ship with software on CD – the full, licensed version of the software can be downloaded on receipt of the interface (full details provided with interface)
Buy with confidence – V-Tech Ltd are an official VCDS UK distributor
The minimum system requirements for the VCDS software are:
- Desktop, laptop or notebook PC
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- Windows Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit editions)
- Approx. 100MB of hard disk space
- USB port
Slower computers or Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7 may work but are not officially supported.