1. General: It is our policy to keep all personal information about our customers strictly confidential. We will not give our customers’ personal information to anyone else, except as follows:
1.1 If/when required by law: We are subject to the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Thus if a US or Pennsylvania law or court order requires us to divulge customer data, we have little choice in the matter.
1.2 Payment fraud: We will cooperate fully with any investigation of payment fraud where said fraud has been committed against us or any of our distributors or resellers.
1.3 Theft: We will cooperate fully with any investigation of theft, where a registered user, distributor, or reseller has reported one or more products stolen.
1.4 Distributor network: We may share a customer’s contact information with the distributor or reseller who originally purchased that customer’s particular system from us, or who requests an upgrade or support on that customer’s behalf.
2. Personal Information: Personal information means information that can identify you as an individual. We collect information about you and your use of our products remotely and pursuant to your purchase, registration, and support requests. Personal Information does not include general, statistical, aggregated or anonymized information.
2.1 Your Consent: By providing your personal information to us when purchasing a product directly from us, registering one of our products that your purchased elsewhere, requesting support for one of our products, or using one of our products, you consent to us collecting and storing that information and using it accordance with the other clauses of this policy.
2.2 Security Measures: We will take, implement and maintain all such technical and organizational security procedures and measures as may be necessary or appropriate to preserve the security and confidentiality of any personal information in our possession, and will apply industry acceptable means to protect such information against unauthorized or unlawful disclosure or access.
3. How and why we collect information about you: We may collect personal information under the following circumstances and for the purposes stated:.
3.1 When you order a product from us: In that case, we collect personal information from you necessary to fulfill your order and to provide future support for the product(s) you purchase.
3.2 When you register a product with us: In that case, we collect personal information from you to establish your eligibility for support and future product updates/upgrades.
3.3 When you contact us for support: In that case, we collect personal information from you as necessary to establish your eligibility and to provide you with the assistance you seek.
3.4 When you use our software: In that case, we may collect information allowing us improve our products, protect them from theft, and provide better support.
4. Length of Storage: Our policy is to store personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in section 3 above. This may vary depending on the type of data and the specific applicable purpose(s).
5. Ownership: You acknowledge and agree that we retain ownership of all data stored on our systems.
6. Your Rights: We acknowledge that residents of the European Union have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation Regulation 2016/679), among them:
6.1 The right to access the personal data that we hold about you: You may request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
6.2 The right to request corrections: If we hold any personal data about you that is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that we correct that data.
6.3 The right to be forgotten: You may request that we delete any personal data we hold about you..
6.4 Exercising these rights: In order to exercise these rights (or others that the GDPR may confer upon you) please contact us us. Understand that we may need to take additional steps to confirm your identity before we can comply with such requests.